The Philadelphia Hall Monitor is committed to unbiased, independent journalism. Funds from advertising and sponsored content allow The Philadelphia Hall Monitor to cover operating costs and expand coverage. The following policy explains how The Philadelphia Hall Monitor protects our journalistic integrity and the trust of our readers while working with advertisers and sponsors.
All advertising policies are independent of editorial decisions. The Philadelphia Hall Monitor does not endorse any product or service marked as an advertisement or promoted by a sponsor in The Philadelphia Hall Monitor publications. Editorial content is not compromised by commercial or financial interests, or by any specific arrangements with advertising clients or sponsors. Advertisements may not be deceptive or misleading and must be verifiable. Advertisements should clearly identify the advertiser and product or service being offered. However, The Philadelphia Hall Monitor is willing to present an honest and unbiased review of a product or service for Instagram Reels or the YouTube channel as part of a multi-topic video/post.
This policy covers all functions within The Philadelphia Hall Monitor and any affiliates that involve advertising operations.
It is the responsibility of Denise Clay-Murray, Lawrence McGlynn, and Lance Haver to ensure compliance with this policy.
The Philadelphia Hall Monitor has the right to decline any advertisement that, in its sole discretion, is incompatible with its mission or inconsistent with the values of The Philadelphia Hall Monitor, the publication/website or the organization, and to stop accepting advertising previously accepted. Ads are subject to review by the editor and others at The Philadelphia Hall Monitor. The Philadelphia Hall Monitor has no conflict of interest in what, when, or how we publish content, regardless of sponsorship status. In no case shall separate agreements with The Philadelphia Hall Monitor or its affiliates supersede this policy.
- All native/content advertisements/sponsorships are labeled with “Sponsored” text., i.e. sponsored by, made possible by, in partnership with, together with.
- Ads that contain a URL or domain in the body must link to that same URL or domain.
- Ads must send users to the same landing page when the ad is clicked.
- Landing pages cannot use “fake” close behavior or any of the spam behavior which is recognized as malware.
- Ads must directly relate to the content on the landing page.
- Ads must clearly represent the company, product, or service that is being advertised.
- Advertising for the following categories is prohibited:
- False, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive advertising.
- Insulting, harassing, or threatening a user.
In addition, The Philadelphia Hall Monitor will not work with any organizations that:
- promote policies or practices that are antithetical to our values and mission.
- engage in discriminatory practices based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any other protected status.
- engage in practices that harm the environment or contribute to climate change.
- engage in practices that harm or exploit animals.
- engage in exploitative labor practices, such as paying workers unfair wages or denying them basic benefits.
- have been implicated in human rights abuses, such as supporting oppressive regimes or engaging in torture.
- manufacture or sell weapons, including firearms, unless they are strictly for law enforcement or military use.
By avoiding these types of sponsors, we can ensure that our values and mission are aligned with those of our sponsors and that we are not inadvertently supporting organizations that engage in harmful practices.
Violations of this policy may lead to consequences up to and including the removal of the ad being served on The Philadelphia Hall Monitor sites and related material.
Reservation of Rights
The Philadelphia Hall Monitor reserves the right to modify or terminate this Policy with or without notice.
Sponsorship Complaint Policy
Please send any complaints about advertising/sponsorship to email@example.com.
The Philadelphia Hall Monitor retains editorial control of our content. Funding partners do not have input into stories that will be produced, are not aware of specific stories we are working on, do not review them before publication, and do not have special access to reporters (with the exception of sponsored content that will be clearly marked). We will always disclose who our funding partners are. Partners must review our full sponsorship policy and sign a sponsorship agreement before entering into a partnership with The Philadelphia Hall Monitor.
Our reporters sit through hours of city council meetings, dig through piles of documents, and ask tough questions other media overlook. Because we’re committed to addressing Philadelphia’s poverty crisis — and challenging those who sustain it. If you think this work is important too, please support our journalism.
We’re counting on readers like you.